Your Android is the best toolkit, but still at times you get to use your laptop for some official work, presentation or stuff. So, do you have an Android with 3G activated, but a laptop without Wi-Fi? And you have some serious business to deal with while you are on the road… Tell yourself “hakuna matata”, as you can get your Android’s 3G internet services into your laptop. Let’s dig out how to do it!
There are a few ways available to establish this connection and to take advantage of it. Devices of yours can act like a wireless hotspot. The connection can be established with the help of Bluetooth or via USB cable as per your need. This method is compatible with Android 2.2 or even with the latest versions.
Before getting started, you should be aware of the fact that the usage of internet on computer will cost you different as it costs you on an Android based cell phone. On computers, there is a requirement to load loads of data and information so you need to recheck the limit of your internet package.
Let’s take a look on how to tether:
- Unlock your Android smartphone and tap to settings, here you will find Wireless & Networks. Tap on more and start tethering & Portable Hotspots.
- Tap and check the portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Now, tap and start setup of Wi-Fi hotspot. You can use this option with the aid of USB cable and with Bluetooth as well.
- This is from where you can change the name and password, save and done.
- You are done and you have got hotspot enabled. Go to your laptop, find and locate your wireless connection and start surfing…
This is as simple as described in the above mentioned steps. So, tell us did it work fine for you? Share your experiences in the comment section below.