Sony has been making one of the coolest android smartphones. One such prototype is Sony Xperia Z1. Do you want to root this smartphone from Sony? Rooting Sony Xperia Z1 will make it even more cool. For example, installing the mod for 4K video or you can also uninstall stock apps you don’t want to use. Let’s take a quick tour guide to have a clear understanding of the Rooting Sony Xperia Z1 android smartphone.
No matter which phone you are going to root, it has always been risky to have root access of an android smartphone. But once you have that access, you can make your smartphone super cool. And somehow if you will not be able to follow the following procedure or if any error comes up, your phone might become unstable. So, try this on your own risk. This step is only valid for Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 with firmware 14.3.A.0.757 or Android 4.4.2. So, tally and double check the requirements first.
All you need before you are going to start with rooting Sony Xperia Z1:-
Make sure that Sony Xperia Z1 drivers are installed properly. Your phone should be well charge. It should have installed Android 4.4.2 Kitkat installed with firmware 14.3.A.0.757. Bootloader unlocker Xperia Z1 (Sony’s support page)
Let’s start with rooting Sony Xperia Z1:-
1. Firstly you need to download and install Flashtool Flashtool 0.9.16.0.
2. Now download and unzip Doomlord’s Advanced Stock Kernel.
3. Switch your device off, start FlashTool and make sure that your device is connected to your computer with the help of USB cable while holding the Volume Up button. This will get your phone to Fastboot mode.
4. Jump into FlashTool, there you will find a lightening icon on the upper right corner as shown below. Click the button and select the Fastboot mode form the just pop-upped window.
5. Now from Fastboot Toolbox, choose ‘select kernel to flash’ and select the boot.img file from the zip folder.
6. Let the kernel finish and download SuperSU from Google play store.
You have done nicely, congratulations!