Do you have some cool Android Smartphone with you? And everyone wants to get their hands on it, while saying “hey man, I have heard of this and this… Please let me check some ABC feature on it”, “Does it work fine? And blah blah…” So, you have a reason to create a restricted profile! Don’t you? Even sometimes you need to handover – unwillingly – your Smartphone to one of your associates at work for some specific task; a restricted profile will help you to restrict some features from the guest. For example, you can block access of certain apps or games or of your private content. So that, you can place your Android Smartphone in anyone’s hand in your circle.
To create a multi-user profile, you need to have Android 4.3 installed in your Android gadget. Let’s find out, how to create a restricted profile on your Smartphone.
- Tap and go into the Settings of your Smartphone, select the item under Device Users.
- Tap and a new add user or a profile.
- Now, tap on the restricted profile option.
- This will create a new profile, and you will see that a new profile with limitations has been enlisted there.
- Create a lock screen, if you don’t have already one. It will ask you to create it.
- Now, you can see the list of apps with toggles, which can use for restricted profile. You can change the name or set a picture as well.
- The new profile procedure complete here. Now, it is accessible from the lock screen.
- If you want to delete the newly created restricted profile, you can do it from Settings.
Hope you have learnt it easily, how to create a restricted profile. You can create a non restricted profile as well by following the same steps, just uncheck the restriction option.
So, do you need to maintain confidentiality of your Android Smartphone data? Share your experience in the comment section below.