Have you already installed facebook messenger app in your android phone? Can you check its version from ‘about’? It will say it’s not having facebook v9 installed, so need to have one. Follow the following steps to get the latest 9.0 version of your app.
- If you do have installed facebook app, then make sure your app is not enlisted in beta tester Google Group. Check this from here, if you are from beta tester Google Group; leave it at once to become an alpha group member.
- Have left the beta tester group already? Now, choose to become a member of alpha tester group. You can join this group from here.
- To be a part of alpha group, you need to sign up with the right information. Make sure, you have written the correct name and email address to become one of them.
- Now, being a member of alpha team, you will get a welcome page, follow the instructions and get the new UI and experience it.
- You need to become a tester now, for that tap here.
- You have already become a tester? Now, you need to uninstall the facebook app from your android phone stock apps. For that, go to settings, move to manage applications and tap to uninstall facebook app.
- Now, move into your google play store, tap to install facebook app again.
- Make sure to turn on auto-updates, because for alpha users this app version gets updates.
- Go into applications manager and clear the logs of facebook app, restart your phone and log into your account. You will be able to see the new UI. (Clearing log files of the app will let it to replace the new files with the older ones – if any).
So, did you get your latest app version? Tell us what do you think of facebook v9? Or you just don’t mind which version you are on to, you just log on via your browser? Share your experience in the comment section below.